News & Events
RULES OF ADMISSION OF FOREIGN CITIZENS FOR STYDYING IN KYIV INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY FOR THE 2015/2016 ACADEMIC YEAR
- Posted by: Redaktor
- Category: News
License AE № 527275 dated 01.10.2014
The preparation of foreigners and persons without citizenship is carried out according to the Law of Ukraine “On the legal status of foreigners and persons without citizenship” (as amended), Presidential decree dated 25.03.1994 № 112 “On the measures of developing the economic cooperation between the Ukrainian regions and the contiguous regions of the Russian Federation” dated 03.06.1994 № 271 “On the measures of developing the economic cooperation between the Ukrainian regions and the contiguous regions of the Republic of Belarus and the administrative-territorial units of the Republic of Moldova”, resolutions of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated 26.02.1993 № 136 “On the education of foreign citizens in Ukraine” (as amended) and dated 05.08.1998 № 1238 “On the approval of Regulation on the admission of foreigners and persons without citizenship for studying in higher education establishments”.
Department for foreign citizens is engaged in the organization of the teaching process, accommodation, medical services of foreign citizens in Kyiv International University. Department for foreign citizens includes Passport and Visa Service, which deals with the extension of the period of stay of foreign citizens in Ukraine, as well as Preparatory Department for Foreign Citizens, which provides the preparation of foreigners for studying in Kyiv International University (KIU), as well as in other universities of Ukraine in the following areas:
- Engineering and technical;
- Engineering and economical;
- Health care.
For admission to the preparatory department for foreign citizens or to the freshman year (the English, Russian, Ukrainian languages of tuition) the applicant must receive the letter of invitation.
HOW TO RECEIVE AN INVITATION FOR EDUCATION:
- To fill in an application form and send it by e-mail to the Information Centre of KIU with a request to enter the university;
- To write a motivation letter;
- To fill the written consent for processing of personal data;
- To send a copy of the passport (full name, nationality, date of birth, passport number, place of residence) with the translation into Ukrainian;
- To send a copy of the degree certificate with the list of learned subjects and marks with the translation into Ukrainian.
HOW TO OBTAIN AN ENTRY VISA
In order to obtain an entry visa for the purpose of studying in Ukraine an applicant refers to the Embassy of Ukraine in your own or a neighboring country with the application on obtaining an entry visa, attaching to the application an invitation for education in KIU. After obtaining a visa for studying (D) the applicant must inform KIU by e-mail or by phone about the date of arrival and the flight number in Kyiv in order to be met by a university representative.
HOW TO GO THROUGH THE CUSTOMS
On arrival to the airport of Kyiv (Borispol and Zhulyany) for customs formalities foreigners must have:
- Passport with visa “D”;
- Original of the invitation for studying;
- Money in the amount of not less than $3000 (three thousand US dollars) in cash or by card, to confirm their financial solvency;
- To know the purpose of arrival in Ukraine.
If at least one of the items mentioned above is not carried out, the foreigner will not be allowed to get to the territory of Ukraine by the border control.
ON ARRIVAL FOR STUDYING foreigners must submit to the Department for foreign citizens the following documents authorized according to the established procedure:
- Statement in the name of the president of the university;
- Standard application form;
- Translation of the first page of the passport (surname, name) into the Ukrainian language notarized in Ukraine;
- A copy of the degree certificate and the marks for the academic disciplines (certificate or diploma), translated into Ukrainian and notarized in Ukraine;
- Document about the absence of HIV-infection;
- Medical certificate about the state of health, notarized by the health authority of the country, from which the foreigner arrived, and issued not later than two months before the arrival in Ukraine (for CIS countries – 086-O form);
- A copy of the certificate of birth with the translation into Ukrainian and notarized in Ukraine;
- 12 photos in size 3.5×4.5 sm, colored, opaque;
- Return ticket with an open date of departure for the term of 1 (one) year to return to the motherland.
AFTER THE ENROLLMENT FOR EDUCATION foreigners in Department for foreign citizens must do the following:
- Fill the contract of the provision of educational services (education);
- Pay for education;
- extend the period of stay in Ukraine;
- take out an insurance policy of the delivery of health care;
- fill the contract of optional liability insurance for the repayment of expenses, connected with the implementation of the decision on expulsion of Ukraine;
- carry out the procedure of nostrification of educational documents in Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The extension of stay in Ukraine is carried out in the departments of immigration and citizenship on the basis of a written request of the University, which prepares the Department for foreign citizens. The request should be made within not more than three workdays after giving in the foreigner’s national passport (or the document replacing it) to the University.
Note. A return ticket with an open date of returning to the homeland for a period of one year can be replaced by the Voluntary liability insurance agreement for the repayment of expanses, associated with the implementation of the decision on expulsion from Ukraine. Such an agreement is formed in the Department for foreign citizens.
A dormitory is given to the students of Kyiv international university.